Friday, September 14, 2007

Hope, Trust, Faith.

These 3 words, how much they mean to me at this point in time...

In about 4 hours time i'll be at Changi airport, getting ready to fly to Thailand once more. Another whole month in that place. sigh. it's not so much about the work i have to do there... it's more about the people i'm with there and the people i'm leaving behind here.

Even on my off day yesterday, they still wanted me to go back to camp to do work. I couldn't take it... my friends are more important and i won't get to see them for a whole month very soon. Diverted all my calls to mom, who gave them a piece of her mind. I just needed to breathe. needed time away. 1 month of non-stop work is bad enough as it is. sometimes, i think the whole problem with the army and its regulars is the fact that they're so caught up with trying to defend the nation and their training that they forget who the nation is. Their friends, their families. If it really meant that much to them to defend the country, then they'd treasure their time with family more.

YMLC was great... a lot of people tell me that it's hard to get anything out of it because they just cover the same things in a 3 year cycle. But to me, I really treasure the whole fact that all the leaders from the methodist churches can rally together and encourage one another. To be frank, i didn't really learn much from the talks/workshops during the conference. But God touched my heart during the 2nd day 6am prayer meeting and He gave me wonderful group mates who were so encouraging in everything they said.

YMLC 2007 Mentor Group 14:


















You guys are a wonderful bunch of people whom i'll never forget. Really thank God for giving me the chance to know you all.

And to all my other friends as well... here's the shout-outs:

Mel and Mike: thanks for always looking out for me in one way or another. Your friendships are something i would give the world in exchange for.

Wynne: you as well, thanks for being there. though we may always suan you... there's a reason why you're chairman for 3rd place comm...

Mark D: my dear bro, complaining about army with me even after you've ORDed. your life is unique in its own way... and God's gonna use it to touch thousands around. I know He's already used it to touch mine.

Lydia: thanks for always hearing me complain about something. always ready to lend a listening ear and encouraging me. yeah the end is coming soon... i'll be hanging on to that. that hope at the end of the tunnel.

Alvin, Francis, Reg, Bel, Mark M: God has really used you all to touch my life... in my approach to ministry and this desire to serve full-time. Wouldn't know what my life would be like without you guys in my life.


Not looking forward to leaving... i nearly didnt sleep last night cos i didnt want to see today come. sigh. i'll see you all in month, i'll be much happier then.

2 Comments:

Anonymous melt said...

wah.. i got an honourable mention! anyway, if u're back in time, paintball in jb with wargh? haha..u shd have saved up money during the month u were away.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Whiner said...

I know I'm so late with this comment- hoping and praying that you're going strong in Thailand and that your spirits are on the way up :) we miss you!

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home